RailWorks 3: Train Simulator 2012 will automatically update via Steam (at no extra cost) to Train Simulator 2013 once installed!
Train Simulator 2012 is the most advanced train simulator on the market, with the most up-to-date graphics available for the PC and numerous technical innovations helping to create the most immersive sense of reality yet seen in a PC simulation
Train headlamps lighting the way with realistic shine and dynamic shadows, cab swaying, rain hitting the windscreen, authentic sounds, dynamic weather - every aspect of gameplay and the in-game environment is designed to make the player feel that they are right inside the cab.
- 16 highly detailed and accurate locomotives from around the world covering the age of steam to present day, including including the Hitachi Super Express
- 8 different routes from the US, UK and Germany featuring authentic signalling, stations and landscaping
- Realistic weather and seasons
- RS Career System allows players to compete against other drivers around the world
- Switch between eight different camera views during gameplay
- Capture the action with the screenshot button
- Train Simulator 2012 provides hundreds of hours of challenging gameplay, with built-in tutorials helping you get to grips with the controls and different driving techniques. The Cab Control interface makes it easy for beginners to drive straight away, while expert mode allows you to drive with accurate locomotive controls.
- The World Editor even allows players to stop the action at any point and re-model the world they are in, or create their own from scratch using the built-in tools
- More than 70 exhilarating scenarios allow you to put your skills to the test; you can even upload your score on the worldwide Steam leader board. Drive a classic General Motors F7 diesel locomotive through the searing heat of the California desert, or experience high speed in the cab of the fantastic Hitachi Super Express. Drive a BR101 with a freight train through the German Alps, or shunt cattle wagons at Evercreech Junction with a Black 5 steam locomotive
- Train Simulator 2012 also offers a vast range of additional downloadable locomotives, stock and routes to enable even the most ardent rail fan to add to their virtual fleet and create the rail network of their dreams.
- Processor: 2.8Ghz
- RAM: 2GB
- Graphics card: 256MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP/PCIe only)
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- DirectX: Version 9.0c (included)
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
- Hard drive space: 6.0GB
- DVD-ROM drive
- Broadband internet connection and free Steam account (Steam client software included) to activate and update