New features in Trainz Simulator 2009
- The largest ever collection of quality routes, locos, rolling stock and scenery
- Twice the detail - trains, terrain and textures in higher resolution
- Optimisations allow twice the scenery detail
- New ground clutter and decals add gritty realism to your world
- More tools in Surveyor to allow easier terrain deformation and track laying
- Improved physics and easier reconfiguration of locos and rolling stock
- New user interface and Help system putting Trainz power into the hands of everyone
- Improvements to Content Manager Plus to make organizing your content even easier
- Embedded web browser allows more interaction, more information, more immersion
- Trainz Exchange Community Portal for online chat
- Screenshot and video capture functions to help capture and share your experience
- Enormous content update to ensure maximum compatibility between versions
With the inclusion of the Surveyor module, you control a vast set of advanced world building tools. Build your own routes over hundreds of kilometres, develop a city transit system and create schedules - the possibilities are immense!
Tool set included:
- Terrain tools: raise and lower terrain, create valleys and mountains or add a lake to your scene
- Texture your scene using a myriad of different brushes and textures
- Add objects such as houses, cars, boats, lumberyards and foliage
- Lay track easily with auto junction creation, stations and spurs
- Access the world settings and adjust the weather, time of day, water conditions and the skybox
- Add your trains and cars to the scene. You choose the length and type
- Adjust the rules that the world operates by to your liking.
Take to the rails in Driver mode where you can take control of the trains in a route. Run through scenarios... can you keep the lumberyard running efficiently?
Jump into the driver’s seat in Cab Mode and take direct control of the train or sit back and enjoy the view with DCC Mode.
Chat to your friends while enjoying Trainz Simulator 2009! The iTrainz Chat client is readily available from any section of the game. Join or create chat groups or simply message your friends 1-on-1 with this easy-to-use system.
Explore a varied selection of routes from around the world, including Marias Pass Approach, Outback Australia, Iberia Interior, Robe River Iron, and Toronto Rail Lands 1954, to name just a few.
In-game browser & Trainz Online
Access the official Trainz websites from inside the game client. No need to exit and load up a separate browser anymore as Trainz Simulator 2009 places the Trainz Community at your fingertips.
Trainz Online is the name of the new Community section for TS2009; this opens automatically when you start Trainz, giving easy access to the latest news relating to TS2009. A new Gallery is included in the Trainz Online system - take a screenshot of your current activity and instantly upload it. Trainz Online is constantly updated with new content and features making sure you have the latest community information.
Experience a more realistic setting, with higher resolution textures, improved graphical capabilities and a 4x increase in terrain detail levels.
New and improved features
New Trainz scripting functions and rules, 'drive to' and 'navigate to' commands, improved lighting, new cab interiors, track, and trains, improved steam physics and particle effects.
Use the new and improved Content Manager to search through and download over 100,000 assets created by the community, or build your own and publish them for the world to see.
Items available for download include:
- Entire routes
- Locomotives and liveries
- Natural scenery
- Cityscapes and buildings